Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First Week at the Salon and Colbi update


It's already October! Oh. My. Goodness. I can't believe it. 

My first week at the salon was a good one! Better than expected, which is always nice, and I'm working a few different ideas to help "build" my business. It's definitely different working for yourself, I've never done it. The freedom to come and go as I please and make my own schedule is something new so, I'm still adjusting. 

I'm also trying to work on not worrying so much. This whole thing is new territory to me. I know what I'm doing as a stylist, but as far as building my business and having faith it'll all work out is something I have to work on daily. I was talking to my sister the other day and she said something very true:

God WANTS to bless us with things that make us happy and full fill us. 

I guess I'm always just waiting for something bad to happen. I'm consistently waiting for the bad news, for things to not work out. I don't really know why. I guess just because by nature I'm a survivor and I'm always planning for things to "live through". Horrible way to live life, I'm the first to admit it. And I know I need to have more faith. To trust God. To know that he will never give me anything too big to handle or that I can't take. It's just hard when you step out on that ledge with hopes that all will be okay and you won't fail. Some people never go through life taking a chance.........doing things different. I have faith it'll all work out, I just have to remind myself that everyday. 

Saturday was a good day though. I was completely booked at the salon and when I got home (after the awesome drive in the monsoon), my chair and mat had arrived! Woohoo! It's funny how excited you get about salon equipment. HA!

On another note, Colbi had a hard weekend. She had some major congestion going on Saturday, which meant Saturday night was fun. It was her first night in her room (she's still sleeping in the rock 'n play) but, she did well. I ended up sleeping on the floor that night, mainly because I was paranoid about her breathing. We did a steamy shower at about 4AM, helped to clean out some of it but the humidifier I bought the next day really helped. Needless to say, she is better.

We went for a walk today because the weather was SO awesome! 

Walks tend to put her to sleep but the big lab we own always wakes her up once we return. SO frustrating. She took another small nap once we settled back in. But that's TWO naps today she has taken IN HER CRIB. Even though they are short naps (about 20ish minutes), it still counts. :)

1 comment:

Dina said...

Sorry to hear Colbi is sick. There is liquid that you can put in her humidifier that works like Vicks. I can't remember exactly what it's called, but it will be in almost any pharmacy. You just add a table spoon to the water and it works great!