Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Unhappy lady

I'm getting MAJOR cabin fever lately. I try to get Colbi out and about, for errands and such, but today I decided we were going to go window shopping at the local outside shopping center. Colbi did okay for the first 20 minutes (she happened to be sleeping). Once she woke up she just started SCREAMING! It was like she was having a nightmare and wasn't fully awake and then when she did open her eyes, she didn't know where she was. We happened to be in Ulta and I, of course, immediately left the store. Funny, when I walked in no one was there to help me open the door with the stroller but as I was leaving, the girl who worked there, opened the door right away. HA! 

This was her after her meltdown. Since it's an outside mall, she would be totally fine when we were outside but anytime I stepped inside a store, she made sure I knew she wasn't happy. 
I did manage to get some yogurt though! Yummy!
And she did fine once I got her out of her car seat. Little toot.

I need to remember to take my sling. I'm sure shopping would be much easier that way.

I'm trying really hard to help her adjust to new places. I don't really know any other way except just to take her places. She'll adjust. At some point. HA! Any pointers would be lovely! 

She did end up screaming all the way home and I ended up stopping at the local soccer field parking lot to feed her. 

Have I mentioned the past two days have been completely exhausting?

She goes back to the babysitter Thursday and Friday and I'm counting down the hours. Okay, not really, but I'm craving some adult time. I miss working everyday. 

And, just an update on the crib transition...........

Dave and I decided to wait until Thanksgiving weekend. To be honest, I just don't feel like I can do it alone. Being up all night with her and being with her all day.....I don't trust myself. The Cry It Out method may work for some but I just can't do it at this point. I know she hates to lay flat and she likes to be rocked to sleep that just laying her in there to go to sleep just isn't going to happen right now. Dave said he would feel better if he could be a part so I don't want to shoot myself. We'll see. I don't want to rush her just because.......but she can't continue to sleep in her rock 'n play forever. 

On a positive note, I set a goal to run at least three times a week no matter what, and I've done it the past two weeks. And it feels awesome. Here's hoping in a few more weeks, I'll be back to where I want to be. Honestly, I was a little under weight when I got pregnant with Colbi so, I really only want to loose about 10-12 more lbs to be happy. And then, I'll want to loose about 5lbs probably.

I have realized I'm a goal orientated person. New challenges make me happy :)

Next challenge? Jenna and I are going to run a 5K in January. It'll be my first. Yay!

1 comment:

Dina said...

I used to sweat bullets when Katie would scream in a store! It was the worst feeling. 2 year old tantrums are even worse! For the most part people understand a crying baby. Especially a newborn.

And we put Katie in her crib at 4 months. You can put something in Colbi's crib that puts her at an angle, if that would help her. I think it's called a sleep positioner. I hated the cry it out method too. I would just do 5 minutes at a time. Especially when they are that young. Different things work for different babies, so you do what feels right for you. Your the mama and God gave you the right instincts for your baby. She won't be sleeping in her rock 'n play when she's 5. It will happen.

And that is awesome that you are running 3 times a week. Way to go. I need to get some inspiration from you!