Monday, October 8, 2012

Life lately

It appears I only blog on Mondays. Oh well. I don't just have a ton to blog about these days. Except for these two awesome people! 

 My daughter looks exactly like her daddy. I mean, spitting image. Especially when he is holding her. We had a nice Sunday around here. Dave slept in a bit because he was working on his truck till super late Saturday night. He had to get up and drive it around and take back some tools Sunday midday. And then my parents came over for a little bit to see us. Colbi is just a bonus for them. HA! Colbi was being a little fussy yesterday. I'm thinking she may have hit her 3 month growth spurt......she has just been fighting naps lately. Boo. As long as she gets one good nap, she is usually ok. 

****************************************************

I was a super tired girl this morning for some reason. Luckily, she woke up at her normal 4:30am so I got some good sleep before that. And then, woke up at 6:30am but, I quickly grabbed her and put her in bed with me until about 8ish. I'm not really a co-sleeping kind of person, but I will stick her in bed with me in the mornings to cheat and get a little more sleep. I don't count that. 


This is typically what our mornings look like. I put her on the body pillow and she just passes out. It's awesome. 

Colbi is doing very well. She is just growing right before our eyes. She is grabbing EVERYTHING, she talks all the time (especially if she feels like people aren't paying attention to her), and is getting passed the laying down while rocking phase and pretty much wants to sit up and rock. My newborn is now a baby. 

**************************************************

In other news, this is what we caught last night!

Ew, gross! Saturday night while I was rocking Colbi before bed, I swore I saw a mouse run across the floor. I told Dave and in the middle of him still working on his truck at 10pm, he wasn't super worried about it. Flash forward to last night, same exact thing happened except this time I ran outside to tell Dave and we caught it. I HATE mice. It makes me feel like my house is dirty because they are just super creepy to me. I know it's because they are building houses by our neighborhood, but I kept asking Dave how it would have gotten in. Anyway, it's now exploring some other place. Thank goodness. 

No comments: