Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday with Mommy

Technically, today is Monday with Mommy and we have done a few things already. I have zero pictures from this morning, oops! I'm really writing to share about my first Avenue Moms experience while it's fresh on my mind......

Let me preface by saying, I'm not use to having to attend things.........ready for it.......ALONE. I'm not at all a shy person. I'll make conversation or speak to anyone really, but walking into a room full of women can be a little awkward. I work with all women, in the beauty industry and while I love my salon, let's be honest.......women can care WAY to much about what other women think. Although, our Women's leader is awesome. We hadn't even joined the church yet and she knew my name. I was really impressed with that since our church is pretty large. Sidenote: We got all the paperwork and attended the ownership class to join. This is BIG deal for us, Dave hasn't ever been a member of a church. Hallelujah we found one he likes!! I love it too, but I'm a little more easy to please :-)

Anyway, I wouldn't say I was a loner exactly, I guess I just don't keep a ton of women friends. For many reasons. First off, I hate drama. Like, with all that I am, I HATE any sort of drama. Women can be dramatic. I have a bunch of friends, but really, only about 3 CLOSE friends. And, two of those are my sisters. HA!! 

I felt the need to join this group a few weeks ago. Growing up in church, I know that church is what you make it. If you show up on Sundays, never speak to anyone or get involved, it's going to feel "clickish" or feel lonesome. I'm at a place in my life where I feel as though God has been working on my heart. I have a daughter and I want her to see what being a Godly woman means.....and that's MY responsibility. You have to start somewhere, right?! I want as one of her parents, to help lay the foundation for her spiritual journey. 

I think it's going to be a really good thing to get involved with and be a part of. First impression is the typical round table, sit anywhere, silly ice breaker stuff you do........that's always just weird. I mean, I knew no one so I randomly choose to sit in the front. I really enjoyed the table leader though, she was pretty funny and very warm. 

I'm interested to learn God's word and grow. I'm hoping to meet some nice ladies and hopefully find a little nitch in the church some how. I'm really excited......and maybe a little nervous! 

As for the rest of the our Monday with Mommy, I plan on taking Colbi for a good long walk. It is gorgeous outside!!!!!! Get your booty outside and enjoy it! :-)

No comments: