Thursday, June 9, 2011

Good read for today

I know the majority of you read There's No Place Like Home, but make sure you read her post today.

I've never quite thought about miscarriage in that way. Maybe that's why God gives glimpses of heaven to certain people, so they can share their experiences with us!

There's not a day that goes by I don't think about it. When I see a pregnant lady I think about what I would have looked like 9 months pregnant, how far along I'd be every week, when I hold newborns and think about how that would've been me in December.

But, time is healing my wounds and with lots of prayer, I'm seeing the positives about all those things. I get to get my hair done again, I'm not gaining weight, I get to drink a Skinny Girl Margarita every now and then, and when I hold all my friend's babies, I get to give them back. LOL.

Find the silver lining. There's always something to be thankful for. :)

2 comments:

Dina said...

Hey Brooke,

I am so sorry about your miscarriage. Mine happened at 11 weeks too. I will be praying for you and your husband.

What gave me peace is knowing that God has a plan for me. And he had a plan for my baby too. We will probably never know why he chose to not let our babies be born, but in the end it is for our good. That just takes faith and trust in Him. Easier said than done sometimes!

I can't wait to see what God does in your life next!

Kelly said...

Brooklyn you are amazing! Stay strong in your Faith...God has a plan for you and had a plan for your's and Daves baby. And one day I am sure in the not very distant future I will get to come visit you and hold your newborn. Your a great example of strength!

Love ya,

Kelly