Monday, January 9, 2012

Big News!

Yes, that's right. We're expecting! And, we are so excited about it!


I'm almost into my 13th week (shy of a few days) so I finally felt comfortable enough to share the news.


It's almost surreal. It's like it's not really happening until you start telling everyone. My family, of course, knew from the very beginning but we opted to not tell everyone until the end of my first trimester. Just a little cautious I guess.


I do have to take it easy though. I have something called placenta previa, which is very common at this stage, so I'm taking a leave from work and just going to school and doing lots of resting. I do have a bit of a stomach already, although it definitely looks like I've eaten too many donuts instead of like I'm growing a baby. I was put on some restrictions for the past few weeks, which meant I couldn't work out. I'm still adjusting to that one. HA!


As far as weigh gain goes, I'm up about 7lbs. I started at 140 and when I got weighed today, I was like 147.6. I haven't been super great at eating healthy foods though, mainly because all that sounds gross. Except bagels. Yum. And Subway. Yum. And blizzards. Yumm-o!


So, I'll keep everyone posted. I so look forward to July. I'm just so thankful for this time. I'm thankful God has perfect timing. I'm thankful my husband is such a hard worker and provider. He is beyond convinced it's a boy. We'll see!


Here's to many more preggo updates!! Should be a fun little journey.


Now. About that blizzard..........

9 comments:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

YAYAYAY!!! Can you put up a timeline somewhere to countdown?

Linda D said...

I am overjoyed for you Brooke!!!What an amazing time in your life. You are so hardworking so I am glad that you are being forced to rest. Grow that baby, girl!!! i hope you have been feeling ok. God is good and I it certainly made my day to read your news!

Nikki McCallum said...

That is so awesome, Brooke! So happy for you! If your boobs are bigger early on, it's a girl...If not, it's a boy. Lol...just my opinion. By the way, if it's a girl...I think you should go with Nicole...Just sayin. :)

Rachel Moss said...

Congratulations! This is such exciting news!
I am actually planning a very similar post for this week. We'll be having baby #2 in July and I'm in week 13, as well!

Kristi said...

Woo hoop!

Libby said...

Sooooo happy for you!! Congratulations to you both!

The Ziebarth Family said...

Sweetie, I am so super excited for you both!! Children are the absolute best blessings in the entire world and I know you will make such a great Mama!! I am adding you to my pregger prayer list. :)

Havard Family said...

Congrats Brooke!! I'm so happy for you!!

Dina said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! I have been behind on my blog reading, so I just now saw this. I am so excited for you!

July babies are the best!