Monday, January 16, 2012

No catchy title

I'm so happy right now! My friend (who happens to be a nurse) let me borrow her Doppler so we can hear the baby's heartbeat whenever we want! I know some people are probably thinking "doesn't that take that special aspect of going to the doctor and having a sonogram?" to those people I say, "No. Not at all."

My friend and I are similar. She had a miscarriage right before she got pregnant with her 7 month old, and she was a little worried too about losing another baby hence why she bought a Doppler. I'm not going to lie, I try REALLy hard NOT to be paranoid and enjoy this whole experience but it's extremely difficult because it's always in the back of your mind that I'll start bleeding or lose the heartbeat. Unfortunately, that's the downfall of experiencing a loss, especially your first pregnancy. So, this helps to ease at least the worry of losing the heartbeat. And, it reminds me that there IS a baby in there. Ha!!

Other than that, we've been hanging out and taking it easy. My parents came over for lunch yesterday and we watched some football. It was such a nice time. And we spent the evening watching the Golden Globes. Or I spent the evening watching the Golden Globes, Dave wasn't so into it. Lol.

I'm off to go do some resting! Have a great evening all! :)

3 comments:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

You are going to have to get better about updating your blog, please.

I wish I would have had one of those, I would have listened to Avery's heart all the time!

Rachel Moss said...

It really gets comforting when you can feel the baby moving around. That was always very reassuring to me when I was pregnant with K.

Hall Around Texas said...

That's so awesome! I wish we had that when I was pregnant with Mason. I will be praying for you :) And I'm so, so, so excited for you!!