Monday, January 30, 2012

Pregnancy Info Overload

Ok. I know they say you should read and be "educated" on pregnancy stuff and labor but can I be honest? It literally scares the poop out of me.

I've been given several books lately, all ranging from pregnancy symptoms, to labor advice, to breastfeeding techniques, and how to raise your child. I like the weekly updates on my pregnancy because I feel like at least I know what my baby is doing in there. Lol. Once I start reading about labor, I'm done-zo. It freaks me out. I'm for sure one of those women who would rather walk in without any expectations or "the book said this" mentality.

Truthfully? I'm terrified of giving birth. TERRIFIED. And I'm a pretty tough cookie with a pretty high tolerance for pain. I kind of think its part of the reason I was so resistant to even think about being pregnant for so long. Nothing about reading information on labor is helping me with this fear either. So my answer? Stop reading. And make sure to get an epidural.

Sounds good huh?!

I know, I know. It's not that bad, you forget about it once the baby comes..........it still does not reduce the fear of the unknown. And that my friends is what it comes down too. Not having ever been thru child birth and going in blind.

I'm hoping my fear will disappear by the time July rolls around, but I'm not counting on it. Ha!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

The Ziebarth Family said...

OK one word...EPIDURAL!! No seriously, that is the only way I had 3 babies and loved every single second of it!! :) You rock sweetie and you look great!

Libby said...

TOTALLY understand!! To be completely honest, I was that lady that hadn't a clue about what to expect during labor-but everything turned out alright in the end:) God sort of made us that way-you'll do great!!

Linda D said...

You will be fine :) I didnt have epidurals and I am weak and have zero pain tolerance. But i freaked myself out watching epidural videos so I voted against them :) LOL! But trust me, they dont give a medal for all natural births so do whatever is best for you :) After the first kid i went with a midwife and I wont tell you the positions I had the other two, well I will tell you after July :) If it helps, I am terrified too and I am doing it AGAIN in May :)

Rachel Moss said...

I felt the same way with K. I spent most of my time focused on her fetal development and reading a little bit about breastfeeding. Most of my labor education came from the class Jer and I took at the hospital.
This time around, I'm spending a lot more time preparing for labor and I feel much more peaceful about it.

Dina said...

I was so scared to give birth. I just ignored it until I went into labor. I pretended like the stork was going to bring Katie.

Some how the excitement and concern for your baby overrides the fear.

I ended up having a c-section, but it really wasn't scary. And the recovery was a breeze.

Maybe the stork can bring your baby?