Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

We had such a great day! 

We went to my parents church (all of us!) and then headed over to my sister's house for lunch. It was yummy! The service was really nice, they have an amazing piano player who did a really touching piece. This was his last day at their church as he is coming to take a position at a local church in our town. What are the odds?! 

We typically don't go to church on Easter, mainly because it's so over crowded. It was nice to go this morning as a family. We almost took up a whole row! 


Gigi, Pops, Colbi, and Avery

Aunt Leslie and Colbi

Wonder where we get our blue eyes from?
Hey, I got an Easter egg! 



The Easter bunny did a great job with some nice treats for the kids. Colbi got some puffs and yogurt melts in her eggs!

Let us not forget why we celebrate this day. As I listened to the sermon this morning and watched The Bible tonight, I'm reminded just how much Jesus went through for our spiritual welfare. I cried as I watched the crucifixion. All so we can be saved and forgiven even though we do not deserve it.

My prayer is that who ever watched this episode tonight, truly understands the pain he suffered. That God loves us all so much, he sent his son here to die so we can be saved and live with him forever in eternity. That's something to celebrate! 

No comments: