Monday, April 13, 2009

Forgiveness and trust, and Georgia

Dave and I went to Georgia this past weekend, we left Thursday and came back yesterday. Talk about tons of driving! It's 13 hours there and 13 hours of back, goodness!! But we had a good time, we downloaded "Left Behind" to listen to so the drive actually went by fairly quickly.

The trip was good, we got to see his grandmother and spent some time helping her take care of a few things. I must say, Dave loves his mother and MeMaw; it's apparant when your around them both, treats them like gold. Isn't that a good sign?!

Although I have to get this off my chest, have you ever felt like you made mistake and for whatever reason the people you hurt simply cling to it and consistently remind you of it? I am battling this feeling at the moment, I don't want to go into detail about it it's to personal. I have always been a pretty forgiving person, mainly because it's just my nature. I know some people aren't and that's okay too, but my question is how come some people feel as though consistently reminding someone of a mistake they made some time ago is healthy? I mean, isn't part of forgiveness understanding that the hope is that it doesn't happen again?

I think maybe that's why at times we can't comprehend how God is always so forgiving of us and people in our lives aren't. He forgives and then he forgets, you may still have consequences of your actions but he isn't consistently in your face reminding you of the mistakes you have made. Which is a good thing because we all would feel pretty bad about ourselves I assume. I go back and forth between keeping my mouth shut and taking the guilt from the person I hurt to wanting to shout at the top of my lungs to either get over it and move on or the relationship has to end because it's unhealthy. The type A in me wants to shout that but the Christain side of me knows that sometimes we have to deal with the choices we made and understand that God has a plan for it all.

I have learned to pray about stuff like this and trust in God to take care of it all. Maybe that's the lesson here, to trust....................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. That is the worst feeling. And yes, I always think its better to just get over it or move on and not be friends. Maybe not the best attitude, but its dumb to hold onto it forever. Sorry girl, I know thats not too fun. --Tanna

Karen said...

What is your email address? I wasnt sure if Tanna had it or not, or if you had gotten an evite yet. We will send you one incase you get to come.