Wednesday, April 8, 2009

University of Phoenix and the Gaylord

So as many of you know, I am about to graduate from the University of Phoenix with my bachelor's degree, but I also work there. We literally just got back from a seminar we had at the Gaylord Resort were the president of the company spoke and I have to tell you, for the first true time I felt incredibly lucky to be working for UOP (and I just felt the need to blog instead of work, tee hee)

The University of Phoenix appears to have a reputation, this is nothing new, although I have to tell you the stigma that has appeared to wrap around the company is very unfortunate. I realize that all people have different opinions about places, businesses, service, etc. and I also realize that my opinion is a little bias but not really.

I started school with UOP before I started working here, that just happened to be a bonus. I have to say too, I have had the best learning experience with UOP than any other college I have attended ( and sad to say, there have been quite a few). I do think every young adult needs the college experience, I had a blast my first year of college! That's why we are for the working adult, not the kids who want that college experience. We are for the adults who have children, full time jobs, obligations and that want to attend college.

I'm not trying to sell us, I guess just get the word out there that we are an accredited college that has much to offer people who want to attend college and can't. And after hearing our CEO speak today, it just really assured me how lucky I am to be working in the enviroment I do; the ability to attend school for free (as many degrees as I want), a convenient office location, a steady job in this economy, and great benefits. All and all, a pretty good job!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Brooke! Tanna & I are having a 31 party at her house on Friday, April 17th. YOU HAVE TO COME! We havent seen any Pecor girls in FOREVER. It will be fun, Tanna's providing margaritas... It's a party for stuff Laura Richards-Rose is selling... It would be super fab if you could come & drag your sisters/mom along.

You can check out the catalogs at www.mythirtyone.com/laurarose