Thursday, April 2, 2009

School and sickness, two peas in a pod

School is making me sick I think, literally. The past three weeks have been non stop, it seems like I have something big every weekend, and between work, going to tutoring twice a week, math homework, and doing some extra stuff to try and help with this promotion I may be getting, my body is literally worn out. I have been sick since Sunday night and I almost called into work today to stay home and get some rest but I figured I wasn't "sick" enough to stay home. Thanks to my parents, unless I'm physically dying or can't move I always feel the need to go to work.

I'm trying to stay positive and not let it get me down though, this weekend the really only big thing I have going on is my friend's bridal shower which should be fun. I think they are fun when your the bride but I think they are more fun when you get to go and be supportive and watch. I don't know why, but especially with Elizabeth it will be fun. She is such a sweet person and has waited so long to get married. We used to spend our extra time at work surfing theknot.com for all wedding stuff together before either one of us was engaged. We didn't want Kyle or Dave to know we were being "those girls" who became wedding planners without even being engaged. But it was fun!!

So I am actually thinking of taking the off tomorrow to rest, get some stuff around the house done. But really to sleep, you know become heavily medicated and in a daze? I really think this is God's way of telling me "SLOW DOWN, you have to much going on right now" But we will see. We are heading off to Georgia next week, ROAD TRIP!! It will be a short 4 day trip to go get some things Dave's MeMaw is giving him of his Granddaddy's. Both Dave's grandfather and my grandmother passed away literally like two weeks between each other so April is kind of one of those months for us. So it will be nice of him to have some things that belong to Granddaddy around the house.

The highlight of my week BY FAR is that our wedding video came in yesterday! I got home before Dave and was stoked it finally arrived, I called him and he said to wait to watch it until he got home so we could do it together. Are you kidding me? I was DYING by the time he got there to watch it. It was very sweet and they got everything we wanted. The ceremony, all the speeches and dances. They didn't get so much of the partying side of the reception but really that is because we had a longer ceremony. I just think how cool will it be for our kids one day to watch our wedding! The whole thing, to see us as a young married couple with their grandparents, aunts and uncles. That was the WHOLE reason I wanted to video our wedding, I know they can look at pictures but there is just something different about being able to watch it happen.

Anywho, pray for me that I can survive the next two weeks and then I'm done with school for awhile and I'll take FULL advantage of that!! Until I start my Master's but we will leave that thought for another day......

No comments: