Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fear and Change

OK so there was one guest speaker in particular at the conference that just really stuck out to me. He spoke about fear and change, why we don't change what we don't like about our lives because we are fearful. In this case, I'm speaking of my current position. I love the rest of my life. And it's not even that I don't like my job, I do like my job but I feel like I have WAY more to offer and I'm really not living up to my full potential. I have this on my mirror in my bathroom "The only person keeping me from reaching my full potential is me" This is something that was said during the guest speaker's presentation. His name is John W. Wright for anyone interested and he is amazing! Seriously.

I think for me, it's fear of failing. It's fear of the unknown, it's fear of hard work, and expectations. Although Dave tells me all the time I can't fail, it's not in my nature. Which I very much appreciate coming from him, he also tells me I'm good at everything I put my mind too so I shouldn't be scared to try new things. I guess I'm comfortable, maybe that's a better term. You know when I was a manager at Texas Roadhouse I literally got promoted and said I'm going to be the first female General Manager in my market. Of course that didn't happen, God had other plans for me BUT I set a goal for myself. I guess maybe I didn't do that with UOP because I literally thought I would get my degree and I'm out but that didn't exactly happen either. So who knows!

Really the only thing I can do is pray about it and know that whatever happens is meant to happen. I just feel a huge sense of motivation and push to try something new. There are PLENTY of positions at UOP to do; some harder than others. But it's something new and challenging and that's what I need! I can't continue to stay where I'm at, I'll never grow.

On another note, we just opened the new Resource Center in Uptown Village in Cedar Hill. OH MY GOODNESS! It's amazing. Bright, huge, it has classrooms, MAC computers, just awesome. Very inviting for students to come in and study. Little different than Arlington, you know change. New people to work with, new environment, new location (only 15 miles from my house). If your ever in the area stop by and ask for me! We can do lunch!! There are SO many stores and restaurants around here, I have a feeling it might become a bit of a problem for my bank account hahahaha!!!!!!

No comments: