Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day Daddy!

There are so many things I am grateful for the older I get, one of which is my father. I think as children we really don't know how much our parents did for us and how much they loved us, but the older I get the more and more grateful and thankful I am God blessed me with a father like mine. He has always shown love unconditionally to all three of us girls, he is a great listener, and I can't tell you the amount of great advice he has given me. So Dad for this Father's Day here are a few things of which I am grateful for and will always remember of you:

#1 Dancing on the ceiling!! Isn't that funny! You used to flip us upside down and play that song and let us dance on the ceiling! Of course that was when we were young enough and small enough to do that too! But even now when I hear that song, I think of that memory.

#2 Back Breaker! Oh how you used to love to do that to us!!

#3 This is such a silly memory but I remember it like it was yesterday. In fifth grade at cheerleader try outs as soon as they announced who made it (and my name wasn't called) you were there to pick me and rush me out of there and tell me that everything was going to be okay. I just remember the feeling I had, I was terribly upset because let's face it that is the worst thing a young girl could experience! My dad was there to comfort me and make me feel better.

#4 "It's always better in the morning" This saying sticks with me because you used to always tell us this. And you know what, it's true!! I tell myself that now when I'm having a horrible day or bad night and I know the next morning it won't be as big a deal as I thought it was.

#5 I will forever be grateful to how supportive you are. I know we didn't always do what you wanted us to do but you always gave us good advice and were supportive of the things we choose to do after a little while. Life doesn't always turn out the way we would like it to but it does have a way of working itself out. This to is something else you have taught me, and hopefully even though the path in my life isn't exactly the one you would have chosen, I pray that it's still something you are proud of.

#6 I know one of your favorite memories or times was the carting me from one job to the next. Again, the things parents do for us that we don't even realize. You were there everyday to take me from one job to the next job and were always in a good mood doing it. That is a task in itself. I appreciate you giving up your afternoon five days a week to make sure I was able to get from one place to the next.

I know parenting is one of the toughest jobs in the world but I feel so blessed that God gave me two good ones. Dad, you hold a very special place in my heart. Thank you for always loving us, always forgiving us, and always encouraging us. I couldn't have asked for a better person to call my dad. Happy Father's Day!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

How sweet!!! I especially love the dancing on the ceiling. I'm going to have to do that with Blakely. I remember when I was little I used to lay upside down and pretend the ceiling was the floor, and we had to live like that. :)