Monday, August 16, 2010

A few reasons I know I'm getting old..............

I have found myself lately saying "It's too hot to go outside." This, to me, justifies sitting on the couch or finding things to do inside because let's face it........the older we get, the more grouchy we become when out in 100+ degree weather.

I would rather go to sleep early than stay up late. It's not even that I can't stay up late, I just value my sleep and like my routine. Being up early makes me feel more productive and I have a routine during the week, usually.

Having a messy house drives. me. nuts. I can't stand it. I know this doesn't really have to do with age, but I think the older you become the more pride you take in the things you buy, you pay for every month, you spend time living in.

You get excited about buying fabric softener, after having been out for quite sometime.

You actually use sunscreen and try to prevent getting sunburned.

I make snacks to take to work, simply so they won't be in my house for me to eat.

I watch the news more than anything other show on television and find myself telling other young people they should be caught up on current events because it's important.

I care about who builds what house where in my neighborhood and what zoning changes are taking place, who would have thought?!

Every time I pass a baby in the store, restaurant, nail salon, etc. I have to stop and look and smile. Ahhhhhhhh.

Growing up. It happens.

2 comments:

Nikki McCallum said...

Girl, don't you know that 30 is the new 20? I know you're not there yet but you can definitely look forward to it...With age comes wisdom, right?!

Heather said...

I like this post. :) BTW, are you going to the zoning meeting tomorrow?