Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Five: New Favorite Things

Friday Five today is ALL about my new favorite things. Most of them food, I'm learning to find some really great "healthy" items to eat since I'm on this whole work out, get in shape kick. I have a major sweet tooth so I've found some awesome low calorie sweets that hit the spot!

If you're looking for some type of ice cream that is semi-healthy, Weight Watchers has the best ice cream choices around. All of them are yummy, I love the fudge bars, toffee bars, and ice cream sandwiches.
I have my mom to thank for this one. 100 calorie flat bread, it's actually pretty good. I prefer mine toasted, I think it tastes better that way. These are a great alternative for sandwiches, especially if you live with someone like Dave who hates anything wheat or kinda healthy. I buy his bread and buy mine and every one's happy!

#3. I learned this recipe from a friend awhile back and it's become one of our favorite meals. Take a tortilla (I use wheat ones), a can of ranch style beans, an egg, and shredded cheese. Turn your oven to broil (hi), fry your egg to your liking (I do mine over medium, you want it a little runny) and heat up your beans. After you fry your egg, lie your tortilla flat and pile on your egg, ranch style beans, and shredded cheese on top. Place in the oven until cheese is melted. I like to toast my tortilla first but it's up to you, it's a yummy, easy dinner or go to breakfast.

#4 Bethenny Getting Married. I'm sad about this one because it's over! Boooooo. But the finale was great and I'm definitely a Bethenny Frankel fan. I just can't help it, I know those Bethenny haters out there are saying "really?" I think she is hilarious, I love her hubby Jason, and Bryn is such a cute baby. I do enjoy me some reality TV. I know, I know.

#5 Have you tried the new Special K fruit crisp bars?? Oh. my. goodness. They are delicious! Tastes like a healthy pop tart. It's a good snack before an early morning workout class or just something easy to carry in your purse in case there isn't anything healthy around to eat. I love fruit but it just doesn't do the deal for me all the time. Plus, they are 100 calories!


Any other healthy options are greatly appreciated, I'm always looking for some new recipes and ideas to keep eating fun and healthy! And any modifications you may have to deal with you know are helpful as well. HA!

No comments: