Monday, September 27, 2010

Leslie's Going Away Party

We had Leslie's going away party Sunday night and it was a HUGE success!! We had to trick her to get her to where the party was but she eventually showed up. So many people came and I so appreciate it!!!


Leslie got too many great gifts! She got a Garmin, Starbucks gift cards, ITunes gift cards, a photo album, Roadhouse DVD, TXRH shirt signed by all the staff, luggage, and tons of other goodies! I'm a little jealous! HA!

Mom wanted to get a picture of all three men in her life. Dad, of course, Mike (her boss for 7 years) and Brian, her boyfriend!
To the right, to the right, to the right, to the right..................

Alex gave the best toast to Leslie. She sang "Wind Beneath my Wing" and everyone joined in. It was awesome, very entertaining.
And this is how we all felt as we said our goodbyes. I'm so incredibly happy for my sister. She has worked SO hard for this promotion and I know how wonderful she will be in this role. Selfishly, I'm horribly sad that I won't be working with her anymore and she'll be traveling all the time. But, like that saying goes, life goes on.

Leslie,
I can't wait to hear all about your new adventures and travel stories. Stay true to who you are, have fun, be kind, love life, make new friends, and enjoy all that you have worked so hard for. I love you more than you, or anyone else, will know and I'm so proud of the person you have become. I will miss you!!!!!

I love you sister!!!!

2 comments:

Ashley Michelle said...

ok... fill me in! Where is miss Leslie going off to? I miss some of the Roadie days... Hope YOU are loving married life!

Kristi said...

Aww .. where is your sister going off too?