Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Where have we been?

Well, this guy celebrated a birthday!!!

We traveled to Georgia for a much needed vacation to do a lot of sleeping, relaxing, eating, and celebrating! It was a fun filled six days away.

We got to visit Dave's great grandparent's old home.

I got to meet Seidy, Buddy's new girlfriend (he doesn't know it yet). She's a cutie! Part Shih Tzu, part Poodle. I think I am going to get one ;)



Callaway Gardens is a place hidden deep in Pine Mountain, Georgia that has a ton of fun things to do. We walked a lot, saw some really old cars (that were part of the car show), and spent time outside for the day. I was fan, Dave not so much.


Can you imagine waking up every morning to this view? We went over to his cousin's house for a birthday dinner and they live on a beautiful little pond with Georgia pines everywhere. It's awesome. Their house is adorable! Leslie (his cousin's wife) does interior design. I got a few ideas from her, but it's our little secret!

And we spent most of our time with Memaw and Aunt Karen.
Memaw reminds me what it's like to be around my grandparents. The television didn't come on till four o'clock in the afternoon, we ate every meal at the kitchen table, and spent most of our time talking. We very much enjoyed our visit and look forward to next time. Although, I did miss my daily dose of 90210 and Fox News. It's always good to get away for awhile though.


And Dave's favorite. He has been wanting this lamp from Hobby Lobby for forever, literally. My mom is such a great shopper and has a great memory. He is very excited about it.


I can not believe Dave is 31!!
Dave, another year has passed and I'm so grateful we got to spend it together. Happy Birthday to the best husband, best friend, and best guy I know.
I love you more than anything in the world!!

No comments: