Thursday, February 10, 2011

A few NEW favorite things, TV addition

I've given in. I started watching the Food Network. Does that make me old?

At least it's somewhat educational, although Lord knows my husband doesn't eat half the stuff on this channel.

Ok, I like Rachel Ray (sidenote: she's a little annoying in her older shows but this one is good) but, I love how she shows it is possible to take one day out of the week to cook without spending every night cooking. I'd have to adjust the majority of her recipes to include hardly any vegetables, but she does do some great casseroles! I may start doing this once we have kids, not much use now.

LOVE this show. It comes on about midnight (re-runs) when I get home from work, so for one hour I get to see all the cool places around the country offering great food. I'm thinking a road trip is in need to visit some of these places! Plus, there is something oddly attractive about Guy. Don't ask.
So, when I went to Vegas about two years ago for work we ate at Bobby Flay's restaurant. It was good, but over priced. Maybe not overpriced, just not what I want to spend on food. But, I'm LOVING his new show. Last night he threw down with Big Man Bakes and the Vermont Brownie Company. I think Bobby against Big Man Bakes was the first episode I've seen where Bobby actually won. But, I think it's interesting to see all the neat food regular people come up in order to make a living.

***************************************

This is a BIG weekend around the Petty/Pecor household. My sister and dad are celebrating their birthdays this weekend, Avery is being dedicated at church, Leslie comes home from her exciting travel life, and IT'S VALENTINE'S DAY!! Geez. I'd better get a move on. Too much to do, too little time to do it. :)

No comments: