Monday, February 28, 2011

My Pappaw would have loved this man

So, it's no lie that my husband's second love is his boat and the lake. And, since football season is over, we have now entered into fishing season. Never in a million years did I think I would have married someone who loves to fish, just like my Pappaw.

I have very fond memories of my Pappaw and his boat. We used to go fishing with him when we were much younger and he would always fry up the catfish "we" would catch (i.e. he caught). And, I also remember him watching all these boring fishing shows that I hated. But, alas, I have married someone who watches the exact same shows!

And, you know what!!!!

I actually like it!

We have watched hours and hours of the Bass Masters, college tournaments, and fishing shows that has lead us to both really like this guy:

Kevin Van Dam. The World's Best Bass Fisherman. And, he's kind of cute (in a strange sort of way) but a really nice man.

It's nice to have something Dave and I can share together like fishing. And, it's nice to have a small piece of Pappaw still around. Every time we spend an afternoon on the lake, I flash back to seeing my Pappaw in his fishing gear ready to catch some fish.

He'd be so proud of me. And, he would have loved my husband. Almost as much as I do!

No comments: