Friday, March 4, 2011

We're boring. I know.

This week has been pretty boooorrrriiiinnnngggg.

Dave did bring me this on Monday after work:

A yummy marble bundt cake from NothingBundtCakes. One our my favorite treats!! It was so delicious! :)

And, I found the nail polish color I've been dying to get. It's called Stormy. I'm in love.

I also got a new IPhone. Well, it's not new........but it's new to me. We got a sweet deal on it because a guy from Dave's work had it for like a month and then got a work phone.

Those are pretty much the highlights of my week. How pathetic.

******************************************

Work has taken over Dave's life, along with mine. He has been working super hard on a new part of his job and it's been taking up many hours of his day. But, such a blessing to him, seeing as he is the only one in the company who can do this new task. A little job security is a good thing.

I, on the other hand, have set a goal for myself. I starting working a bit more because Dave and I want to be out of debt completely (cars, house, school loans, everything) as soon as possible. When we get a little overwhelmed because we haven't seen each other in five days, we do our best to remind each other about our goal. It'd be SO nice to actually own our stuff, rather than keep paying on things monthly.

It's definitely something that takes work. And, that my friend's, is something Dave and I know how to do very well.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yummy cake, pretty nails, and yay iPhone!

The hard work will definitely pay off; I'm really impressed with/proud of you guys for sacrificing time now for a future payoff. Most people can't do that.

And also a HUGE thanks to Dave for helping Matt out today. That's probably not really the way he wants to spend his Saturday, so make sure he knows how thankful we are. :)