Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Rundown

{Friday}

After a long week of work, Dave and I decided to hang out around the house and rest (aka, we needed some time to just chill)

{Saturday}

Dave woke up super early to go fishing with his buddy Patrick, while I woke up to go see this little girl play some soccer:


Aren't little kids in uniforms so adorable? They won about 10 to 1 (we lost count after awhile), but they did have twin girls playing on the team and they were SO cute. I had flashbacks of when we played; each one of them kept getting mad when the other scored a goal. Brenna didn't score a goal but she sure did look cute on the field.

Saturday afternoon we met up with the Petty side of the family to celebrate my MIL and brother in law's birthdays. I didn't get a picture (which is really pathetic because I had my camera) but it was a good time for some visiting and seeing the kids is always nice.

{Sunday}

We woke up, I made pancakes, and then headed off for some grocery shopping and back to do some cleaning. Super exciting I know. But, after that was over we got a pleasant visit from our neighbors and their sweet little Avery. I love it when kids start remembering who you are and want to see you.

It was time for some dinner shortly after and I had decided to make this:
Chicken Parmesan with Ziti noodles and Italian bread.

I get some great tips from the Food Network and this meal turned out wonderful! I'm loving the new way to make italian bread! I have found Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a cook's best friend.

Hope you all had a great weekend! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

The Ziebarth Family said...

Can you please share this new way to make Italian bread with me?!?! I am always looking for new ways to cook stuff!