Saturday, July 2, 2011

Celebrate: Rule #10

"Celebrate what you want to see more of."
-Thomas J. Peters

Celebrate. I believe, by nature, people tend to celebrate things quite easily. Birthdays, anniversaries, milestones, graduations, whatever it might be. I think most everyone always enjoys a good time.

The final rule in Bethenny's book 'A Place of Yes' is all about how to celebrate. Why would we need to know how to celebrate, I can party pretty easily. HA! But she states something powerful in this chapter: whether it be something great or horrible in your life at the time, you have a choice in how to respond or react. She says we have three choices:

{one} have anxiety about it
{two} come from a place of yes
{three} focus on the goodness in the situation, what lessons where learned, what did you gain...

Life isn't always sunshine and roses, I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that. But we do have a choice whether or not we come from a place of yes or a place of no. Do we always see the negative in situations or find that small piece of joy in whatever horrible thing that is happening to us? I have really tried over the past few months to see my glass as half full. It's made a world of difference in my mood, although, I do still have days that would rather lay in bed and not speak to anyone or do anything.

Bethenny talks about worry noise in this chapter. We all worry. I try not to, but it's inevitable. I worry about money, time, not seeing everyone I should when I can, something happening to me or someone in my family. Sometimes in the mist of everything, we forget to celebrate the "small" things in life. The ability to get up out of bed, go to a job (that other's would be incredibly happy to have), having food in your pantry, a new shirt to wear...........I feel like we all take things for granted. And those are the small wins in life, the things we become accustomed to and forget that are blessings.

"No matter where you are right now, no matter how far along you are on your own path, don't wait to have it all to celebrate. You're never going to figure it all out."
-Bethenny Frankel, A Place of Yes

I'm just an ordinary girl, trying to navigate through this thing we call life. I make mistakes, I mess up but I'm trying to live my life to the best of my ability. I'm happy. And that my friends, is something worth celebrating.



No comments: