Sunday, July 31, 2011

Let's Play Catch-Up!


Oh my, the past week has been busy!! Between school and work and all the other "fun" (by fun, I mean necessary annoying tasks you have to do in life like laundry and cleaning) it's definitely been a balancing act for me.

Saturday morning started off with a nice breakfast for Dave and me at one of our favorite restaurants in town and ended with this:

Long story short, we got t-boned by a twenty year old who ran a red light. Everyone was okay but I think our truck is not. We'll see tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it'll be totaled out. She hit us in the left front tire and according to several people I've talked too, it simply won't drive the same even if they did fix it. I guess we will find out this week. What I'm not excited about is the fact that I'm driving around a car with hardly any a/c until we get a rent car. Man, I'm a nice wife. I told Dave he can drive my car to work since he drives so far everyday. (And yes, I deserve a pat on the back thank you very much!) HA!

******************************************

After a little nap, we got ready to head over to my parent's for a wedding shower! One of the "Hood" kids is getting married in September. I love going to showers with the Hood. Seriously, they are hilarious!


We had a nice dinner and one of the best drinks ever thanks to a certain clever Mamma! I'll have to share the recipe. It was delicious! After dinner it was game time!

The first game, Rhonda blindfolded Kelly and brought him into the living room where we were all sitting. The scenario was Kelly had lost his bride and he had to find her by feeling of her feet. Rhonda had gotten volunteers to play along, one of them being her son Jay! It was a hoot!!!!!


Kelly did really well and picked out Lindsey because "her feet are cold". I know games like these are more fun for everyone else than the ones it focuses around but hey, we did these types of games too! Everyone needs to take a turn and be the center of attention! :)

Now onto the best wedding shower game ever!!!

This has become a tradition with the "Hood". We played it at our wedding shower and it's so. much. fun. I told Dave last night on our way home, when I hold a couple's shower, this WILL be on our to-do list.Rhonda explaining the rules. Basically (for those of you who may never have played or seen it on tv), they take the men and women out together and ask them questions, bring the significant others back in and see if they answer the question with the same response. It's super funny! A typical question might be, "Where was your first kiss?"


You will be happy to know that the "newly" weds won. I think we won too when we played, although, you will be surprised how much our parents remember things way back when. Lol.

*************************************

We left a little early since I had to be at work this morning. After waking up super sore and working almost the most boring shift ever, I headed to meet my handsome husband for some dinner.

We decided to visit a certain crab place who is having a special on their crab dinner! You know crab is Dave's absolute favorite food and, he said yesterday since his truck may or may not be totaled, he deserves to eat some crab. Who can argue with that?!

I'm hoping I don't stay sore for too long. I get to do my first "official" haircut tomorrow on a real person. Wish me luck!

Happy a great week!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

So sorry about your truck!!!

Here is your official pat on the back for being such a great wife ;)

Kristine said...

p.s. update my blog address dude!