Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One year

It's officially been one year since I started working out, so I thought I needed to document this!

I started working out because I was just out of shape and wanted to feel good in a swim suit again. HA! It always hasn't been easy, and there are definitely days that I would rather eat, eat, eat than go to the gym. I'm not perfect and my eating habits aren't always the best, but I just try to remind myself that it's only an hour and a half out of my day, so get up and go!

When I started working out, I weighed 158lbs. Yes. That was a lot for me, probably me at my highest ever. I'm now between 133-138lbs. (depending on the day, HA!) and I feel great! If I lost anymore, I'd probably look a little sickly.

I think working out is something you really have to commit too. It's not just going to happen. If you are unhappy with your body or just want to tone up, you have to make a conscious effort to make it happen. But looks aren't everything. I'm not perfect and there are still so many things I'd change about myself if I could. I try to remind myself that God created me the way he wanted me to look and gave me the personality he wanted me to have, so keeping things the way he made them is nice too! :)

Happy Thursday y'all!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Way to go girl!!!!

The Ziebarth Family said...

Woohoo go Brooke! I am so proud of you and definitely will be falling yor footsteps!! Weight control is important and you rocked it!!