Thursday, August 6, 2009

Show us your Life! Reception and Honeymoon

Kelly's Korner is hosting the weekly "Show us your Life" so here is our reception and some honeymoon pictures. We had an outside wedding and our reception in the barn on the land behind where the ceremony was. The weather thank goodness was BEAUTIFUL. I couldn't have asked for a better day. We ended up getting married on Opening Day of Hunting Season (my husband failed to mention this when I picked the date and started booking everything) so for the next 50 years or so we will probably be celebrating our anniversary in a deer stand. Don't be jealous girls!!

This is a picture of a page in my wedding album. Rice crispy treats are Dave's favorite! So my mom and I made all those rice crispies! We literally ate them for like a month!! But it was a great idea!! By the way, my cake was "suppose" to be a four tier cake. There was some confusion and they got the square part right but brought all the layers seperate. So of course the day of I could have cared less......and I still don't. It was so good!!
My mom had this window and thought of this idea. She of course is super creative and it turned out to be a great keepsake! Haven't figured out where to hang it in my house, any ideas????

Us waiting to be announced by the DJ, he took FOREVER! We were ready to eat!!
All the kids on Dave's side, from the left it's Brenna, Braiden, Ethan, and Bailey. PRECIOUS!
Kelly and I, I literally feel like I said hi took this picture and didn't get to talk to her the rest of the night. All that planning and the night just flies by!

Where the ceremony was, the pictures turned out really pretty with the background.
Our first dance as Mr. and Mrs. David Petty. We danced to "The Day Before You" by Rascal Flatts. It was our song from one Valentine's Day. That's another story :)
Me, Leslie (my twin) and Jenna my older sister
We went to DisneyWorld for our honeymoon, and we had the BEST time! Happiest place on Earth!

The Honeymoon Suite at the Wilderness Lodge, our kind of place! It was great. On the top floor where they had happy hour practically all day long, snacks, breakfast, you name it. That's the way I'm traveling from now on. Yeah, right!



We took a Segway tour and it was a blast! This was in Epcot and very cool. Dave kept getting into trouble because he would go to fast and not stay in line. Dave had a specific name for the tour guide but I don't want to offend anyone so I won't say it. It was a hoot though.


Our last day :( Of course we had to buy souveniors and drag them all over....so we were pooped!



Thanks for coming to visit! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

So cute! Sounds and looks like yall had a blast!