Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Already Sunday, where do the weekends go? This weekend was pretty good, although I started off Thursday not feeling well at all so I took a sick day Friday and literally tried to recover from the nausea and headache I had for the three days before that (no I'm not pregnant). I'm not sure what it was, I think it was probably because we had such an eventful week last week. But I started feeling better and we were off to Lipan, TX for the weekend to celebrate "the crew's" birthdays.

All of Dave's friends have birthdays in the month of August or September (well most of them) so we went out for a weekend of fun, skeet shooting, fishing, and fellowship with friends. I always enjoy going out there, it's so peaceful except for the extraordinary HOT temperatures. UGH!

We found out Jared and Addie (one of Dave's oldest friends) are expecting and that was so great! They have been married almost 4 years so it's about that time. Jodie, Jared's brother had his 4 month out there. Her name is Reese and she is beautiful!!!!

Kristen and Traci shot their first gun, how fun! I competed in the skeet shoot tournament and I must say to have been the only girl who competed I did very well. Held my own, that's for sure! Got to shoot my new gun too and it's AWESOME!!!!

We came back this afternoon and have been taking it easy. The dogs are SO tired, they are always wore out when we get back from Lipan. I counted this time and there were 7 labs out there! Yes 7! It's a freakin lab farm out there!! We truly enjoy it and the funny thing is all seven labs are related somehow. How weird.

I WOULD have pictures except one husband I know took the memory card out of my camera to use for his hunting camera and now one's wife's camera won't work....................hmmmm who could that be???

Thank you all for your wonderful support and prayers during the last week. We very much appreciate all the sweet comments and know that tomorrow is a new day with new possibilities!! I promise to keep you all in loop, good or bad, about his job hunting adventures. We have passed the point of being hurt and angry and are now in the laugh it off phase. What else can you do right?

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK EVERYONE!!!

No comments: