Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend of course came and went like all the others, fast as can be. And here it is Sunday night and work again is calling my name tomorrow morning. This week will be a hectic one too, I have a career fair Tuesday and Wednesday and then off to San Antonio for a work conference. But one day at a time, that's the key! :)

A few fun things were done this weekend though. Friday night I headed over to Amber's for a girls night. It was just what I needed actually. There were six of us there, all went to high school together and it has been a while since we have all hung out. We worked on something (which will need to remain a secret) and chatted. About our lives, our marriages, friendships, families. Sometimes you just need those nights. Oh yeah, and we LAUGHED!!

Saturday I had to work for a little bit and then met my Mom, Aunt, sister and some other ladies to celebrate my aunt's 60th birthday! Yes, another milestone for Angie. We went to Texas Roadhouse and had good food and cake! We did take pictures but they are on my Mom's camera, so another day possibly I'll post them :)

I did get a good book from my Mom I started today called One Month to Live. I think it'll be a great journey for the next 30 days. It's kind of like Purpose Driven Life, you know you read a chapter a day. I'll write about the journey from time to time. I am also on the like the fifth book I think in the series of the Left Behind series, The Indwelling. Although I have to read a little at a time because it's slowly becoming more and more scary!

Sunday night, I cleaned the house today and now am watching the romantic movies they always play on Sundays and my house is smelling great! I made roast and potatoes, yummy! I LOVE roast!! Off to eat and spend sometime with Dave before another week starts back up! Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: