Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Another weekend come and gone! This weekend started early as we got out of work early on Friday. YAY!!! Friday night we headed out to the lake with Cody and Whitney to do some night fishing. We went out to Joe Pool Lake and it was a BEAUTIFUL night! We ended up getting on the lake about 730, perfect fishing time.

Dave and I on Cody's boat. Dave was super jealous because he has the exact same boat Dave has been wanting since like day one of us dating. We are still waiting on the perfect boat to find us (wink, wink) That wish item will not be had for quite a while I'm afraid.

Cody and Whitney. They are so fun, we very much enjoy hanging out with them. They are both graduates of Texas Tech, Whitney is a nurse and Cody is a Mechanical Engineer. We are very lucky to have a great group of people that live around us. Matt and Heather live next door and all three couples are just about the same age.

What a BEAUTIFUL night it was!!! There weren't that many people on the lake either, hmmm
Cody's fish he caught, you can't really see Cody but you can see the size of his fish. He is a pro!
My incredibly good looking husband. I love that hat, it's a good thing to because it's Dave favorite and he wears it all the time :)
Cody's fish, Fred (we had many different names for him, this was the only one that came to mind right now). Our plan was to catch alot so we could have a fish fry BUT that didn't happen. So luckily, Fred was set free before we left. Maybe next time!
My mom and I before we headed out to Golightly's. She loved it! I knew she would. There were some GREAT finds this week, to bad my bank account didn't agree. I got to just look this time but Mom got some great decorative napkins and we found some other super cute things too!
Aren't these dishes so CUTE! I had to take a picture because I told my mom we would need to remember what they looked like so hopefully when the time comes for a little girl she will have super cute dishes to play with :)
Tonight we went over to Heather and Matt's for dinner. It was fun, we haven't done that in awhile. Their daughter Avery is about three months now and she is just ADORABLE!! I actually held her this time, when she born we went over to visit but I just looked at her. I get nervous when they are that little for some reason. Avery let me love on her tonight though so Heather and Matt anytime you need some babysitters just let us know!!
Onto another week! Dave has some good leads hopefully for a few job positions so we are praying he gets some interviews.
Can you believe it's already going to be September???

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Praying for those interviews!! I love your weekend wrap ups! I will have to take a trip to Golightly's next time I am in Texas! Have a great week!