Friday, February 12, 2010

Show us your Life: Valentine's Dates or Ideas

Today over at Kelly's Korner it's Show Us Your Life Valentine's Dates or Ideas! This will be our fourth Valentine's Day together. Dave and I aren't super romantic people. What I mean by that is we typically don't do anything unless I plan something. But one year Dave did plan a little something for us.......

To my surprise, he had actually ordered some flowers and had them delivered at work. Not that my hubby isn't thoughtful but he is a procrastinator. It meant a lot to have been one of the ladies at work who had some beautiful flowers to display at my desk :)


And he also thought ahead and made some reservations at Nick and Sam's in Dallas. A super nice steak house. I wore my favorite Jessica Simpson dress shoes that night. Well, the floor was extra slippery and as we were walking into the dining room (where everyone can see you, literally) I completely slipped and fell right in front of everyone. The restaurant was packed. So, as Dave helps me up and we were walked back to our table people already eating kept asking if I was okay. Then the waiter dared to ask if I had been drinking due to my embarrassing fall. Um no! I'm just that girl with bad luck. Lucky for me though I am missing the embarrassment jean. All the ladies I had told this story too couldn't believe I didn't run out of the restaurant. Hello. I. Was. Hungry.

Funny memory but Dave and I had a wonderful dinner and Valentine's Day celebration. This year I will be working V-Day night. Maybe my dear sweet husband will get up and make me a nice Valentine's breakfast??? Hint, hint Dave!

No comments: