Sunday, February 7, 2010

What I have been up too

Last week was definitely busy to say the least. I worked at Roadhouse several nights but got to sub for my friend Friday and had such a great day! Such a good day that it really motivated me to do well on my test. I studied all week for the content exam for my teacher certification.

I woke up bright and early Saturday morning to head towards Dallas to hopefully pass my English Language Arts and Reading test 8-12. Brought back many memories of the high school days. I tried to a) get a good nights sleep and b) eat a hearty breakfast to keep my brain functioning. After three long hours I finished and now all I can do is wait to see if I passed. If I did the good news will be I can start applying to districts for next year although probably won't be hearing anything from anyone till the summer or August. Hey, a girl can hope can't she?


So afterward I came home to nap and then off to Ft. Worth we went to celebrate a friend of Dave's 30th birthday. It was a surprise dinner at one of my favorite Mexican food restaurants. We had a great time!


I worked today though and came home because I. Am. Pooped. I feel an early bed time coming on, even if the Super Bowl is on. If Brett Favre ain't in it, I ain't into it. Nice language for a potential English teacher huh?

2 comments:

Kristi said...

what teacher program are you doing?

Nikki McCallum said...

This is such a great picture of you and your hubby!