Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday's List: Typically Grocery Lists

Today's Tuesday List is our typical grocery lists. Well let me tell you one thing, with a husband who likes pretty much nothing except meat, potatoes, bread, and corn our grocery lists are pretty boring. And not to healthy. I'm scared when we have children.
So usually my list always consists of the following:
  • lean ground beef/chicken breasts
  • OJ/milk
  • taco dinner
  • spaghetti
  • roast and potatoes
  • mac and cheese
  • lunch meat
  • bread
  • chips of some sort
  • Kraft Cheese Sticks! These are one of my favorite snacks. I love the sharp cheddar
  • Sweet tea (Dave drinks this, I was raised on unsweet tea)
  • ranch style beans
  • corn, of course!
  • eggs
  • 100 calorie snacks (although Dave will eat these, I think it defeats the purpose if we eat more than one pack. Right?)
  • Coffee
  • Cereal
  • green beans
  • other "personal" items we all need

Those are kind of the basics and then I try when I can to look up some new recipes of which Dave will actually eat. Although he is super picky. Even to the point where I can't cook with onions, I have to use onion salt. So if any of you out there have super picky eaters at your house, help a lady out with some new dinner ideas!

Although our biggest challenges is working opposite schedules. I don't cook the days I'm working at night because there is no guarantee he will actually eat it and I don't want to waste food. SOOO that makes the drive thru his best friend. How horrible of a wife am I? Terribly unhealthy.

What does your grocery list look like?

No comments: