Thursday, June 24, 2010

A day in the sun

Today I got to spend the day with my niece Brenna!!

I had planned to take her to see Toy Story 3 but then opted for a near by water park because for the same price (after candy and popcorn) we could spend all day in the sun with entertainment. And they let you bring in your own cooler versus another water park (that will remain nameless) who won't allow it anymore.

"Mmmmm.....I'm not too sure about this whole water thing."

"It's not all bad."

She got the hang of it after Aunt Brooke played in it with her. Although, she highly disliked the kiddie play area when the big "face" dropped water all over the place (it's a huge water pale that fills up and dumps over when it's full, the face scared her). So, needless to say we had to be totally out of the way when that happened.


Cheese!!

And the crash. We weren't in the car but 10 minutes before she was out like a light.


I must say, I have a new respect for my mother and all mothers out there. I'm pooped!! I remember thinking after the hundredth time Brenna went down the slide "this must have been how my mother felt." Brenna would get off the slide and every time look at me with a thumbs up smiling. Too cute.


Now, I need a different fun thing to do to take Braiden on another day. He isn't too much of a water fan, any ideas?

**Brenna saved part of her cotton candy for Uncle Dave cause "Uncle Dave likes cotton candy." How sweet.**

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Six Flags?! Dave and Busters?! Drive in movie?!

Rachel Moss said...

I don't remember how old your nephew is, but you could try Abby's Playtown in GP. It's a great place for 9 months-8 years.
The Dave & Buster's idea above sounds good, too. What boy wouldn't like a day at D&B?