Friday, June 18, 2010

Show Us Your Life: "Our Proposal Story"

You know what they say............"The couple who plays together, stays together?" Well. That was the case for us!


Dave had plans with my Dad to go play golf one Saturday, April 5, 2008 to be exact. The thought had crossed my mind for a second when he told me he asked my Dad to go play that he may be asking him for my hand in marriage but to be honest, I just didn't think Dave had it in him to ask him the first time they hung out alone. So, I really didn't give it much thought throughout the day. He did tell me he wanted to go to the lake afterward to go fishing so I said okay and that was that.

We didn't get down to the lake till pretty late that night and normally we go night fishing anyway so when we walked in the door and Dave said "You want to go fish?" I didn't think anything of it. Again. All normal.

I'm not going to lie. I don't bait my hook, Dave does it. After he baited my hook and I was sitting there I noticed I didn't have a bobber (which I am a professional so I NEED a bobber. HA!) I told him I needed one and he said to get it out of the tackle box and he would put it on there. As I unzipped the tackle box I found a black box, a ring box. I froze. The first thought in my mind was that he had forgotten he put it there and I found it. We hadn't been fishing in quite sometime and I just remember standing there, looking at it like I was confused. Then, the words every girl wants to hear came out.

"Will you marry me?"

I literally turned and said "Are you serious?" Looking back now it's funny. Like he would have really said that if he wasn't. I, or course, starting crying and we hugged. It was perfect. Just me and him. Not awkward or uncomfortable. Doing what we do together.

This was taken the day after he proposed. We got a little distracted the night before because of course I had to call everyone I knew to share the news. I caught that fish by the way, Dave was just holding it. :)

We will celebrate our 2 year anniversary November 1, 2010 and time has just flown by. I wouldn't change a thing. Dave is the love of my life and I am so thankful I found my best friend almost 5 years ago.


What's your proposal story? Go to Kelly's Korner to read up on all the great stories being shared!


***Funny side note. When Dave and my Dad went to play golf, Dad ran into some of his friends and they ended up playing with them. Dad didn't know Dave was going to ask him either so Dave played 18 holes of golf and sat around drinking Gatorade 2 hours after the game waiting on Dad and his buddies to catch up before he could ask him. Now, if that's not funny I don't know what is! Ah, the things we do for LOVE!

1 comment:

Rachel Moss said...

Your husband is very patient! That cake is really cute...was it for a shower?