Sunday, June 20, 2010

Swimming, Napping, and my Dad

Do the weekends fly by as quickly for you guys as they do for us? It's like we blink and it's already Monday morning!

Dave ventured out to where else but the lake early Saturday morning to go fishing. I had gotten up to run some errands and came home to make some lunch, before I knew it this was Dave:

"I'm just going to lay down and take a little nap." were his exact words. 2 hours later I was leaving for work and he was still snoozing on the couch. Lucky dog.

*******************************************************


This morning we woke up and went over to my parents house to celebrate Father's Day!!! I have the World's BEST Father, I don't care what none of 'ya say! :)

My father is funny, super witty, smart, caring, loving, supportive, charming, and a lucky guy because he got blessed with me for a daughter! I love my Daddy. And I feel very blessed to have gotten to spend another Father's Day with him. Sometimes I wonder how he survived all those years being the only man in the household. Talk about a hard time! He deserves a medal just for putting up with us women! HA!
My Mom, of course, made lunch and it was yummy!!! We had all the major food groups: green, yellow, and brown (that would be green beans, corn, potatoes, and roast for those of you who don't speak "Dave's" language). Tee hee.

Isn't Sophia adorable in her little Tu-Tu bathing suit? My Mom found it for her. Those kids swam and swam today. And Jordan has finally starting putting his head in the water. Quite an accomplishment from last summer so we are proud!
Our little family. C'Mere had to stay home today. Long story short, he wasn't feeling well. Plus, Buddy is our "easy" child so we can take him anywhere.

I was sad I couldn't pop over to my in-laws to wish my Father-in-Law a Happy Father's Day. Work was calling my name. But, I did find a plate of food wrapped up for me when I got home. I'm thinking Dave might sneak it to work tomorrow..................

I hope everyone got to spend part of the day with their dads. And I hope you told them just how much you love and appreciate all they do. As for most daughters, my Dad holds a special place in my heart. I feel lucky to have been blessed with such a wise, responsible person in my life.

I LOVE YOU DAD! Here's to many more days of celebrating you!

No comments: