Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Opinion

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why in the world the oil leak in the gulf has not been stopped yet????

I know I don't normally discuss political topics on my blog but as the days go on and I continue to follow the news about the oil leak, I find myself getting more and more infuriated. I find it extremely hard to believe that there isn't someone in the this country who has the answer to this problem. We spend millions of dollars every year on researching new ways to drill and America has some of the smartest people in the world (my brother-in-law being one of them, literally) yet our President stands up in front of the media and "promises" they are doing everything they can do to stop it.

To see the images day after day with the wild life dying, the pollution of the beaches, and the threat to more and more damage with every day that passes I ask "Why aren't more people paying attention to this? Why is it that our government wants to control so much of everything but can't seem to pull it together on this issue?"

Maybe I'm just watching too much news, maybe I don't have all the information behind this massive environmental mistake, maybe I'm being too hard on our government leaders........but at least I can say this, my expectation of our leaders in this country is more than what we are seeing at this very point. And that's ANY political figure, not just our current President.

It does scary me to see the repercussions of this enormous spill, what's going to happen? A huge rise in gas prices due to "shortage of oil availability", a loss of thousands of wild life in the ocean along with (my prediction) a rise in taxes. Just scary........

3 comments:

Kristine said...

I hear ya girl!!!!

The Ziebarth Family said...

Yeah I'll be honest, I just found out about it cause I don't watch the news. But I'm infuriated too! Fix it!!!! Thanks for sharing with us your heart!

Libby said...

Amen!! I get so frustrated watching the news these days! Although, easy for me to sit here and judge I guess, but still it seems like there should be more being done....