Monday, July 19, 2010

35 Years Later...........

My parents are celebrating 35 years of marriage today. I wonder if they thought at my age they would be where they are today................

I have learned so many valuable lessons from the two of you. As we know, there is no "perfect" recipe for a good marriage nor is married life as easy as it seems to some. I have learned that things are never as bad as they may seem, no matter what marriage is not about quitting, and to appreciate the different gifts God has blessed Dave and I with.


I admire both your abilities to keep on keepin' on and hope that 35 years down the road, Dave and I are able to still enjoy each other as you both do. I hope one day my children appreciate the hard work it takes to make a family function and that their parents worked hard to provide a home and a quality life as you did for myself.
Here's to many more years together. I hope you know your children love you very much and we are so happy to say our parents are still married after 35 blissful years!!!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Happy Anniversary! Awesome that they are still married. (Isn't that just sad to say..unfortunately, these days it's rare!)But MANY congrats to them!

The Ziebarth Family said...

Happy Anniversary! How awesome that you have that great example for Dave and you...both of our parents are still happily married too! Praise God for His perfect plan for marriage!