Saturday, July 24, 2010

Babies everywhere!

I went to a baby shower today for a friend I used to work with (my apologies ahead of time for no pictures in this post, I had forgotten my camera) and oh. my. gosh. There were 3 pregnant women there, 1 lady who brought her newborn, and two of the cutest little girls who were such a great help.

I went with a friend and after a little while into the shower she turned and said "This really doesn't make you want a baby?" Hmmmm.

Dave and I get this question alot, and I mean ALOT. I think most married couples do who are a little older and have been married for a bit. It doesn't even bother me, especially when people at work thought (until recently) that I already had kids and they told me "You'll probably a cool mom." I just stared and laughed and politely corrected them.

The truth is, yes we do want children. I would be incredibly happy if we got pregnant today or tomorrow or next week. Although, truth to be told........and it might sound strange to some........I don't want to become obsessed with getting pregnant. I know many women and have read story upon story about women who are dying to get pregnant and just can't. I would rather not. I would rather be optimistic that God has the right timing and knows best for me. I would rather enjoy Dave and the time we have together and continue to let the love between us grow. I would rather let nature take it's toll and roll with the punches.

So, bottom line is I guess we will see what the future holds. Right though, the future holds tickets to the Ranger game tonight and a concert afterwards. Here's to still being able to go out without paying for a babysitter! HA!

Happy Saturday y'all!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. We get that question all the time. God's timing is perfect, so just keep on going knowing that when it is his time, it'll all come together.