Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Five

#1. I think I have found my spiritual gift. I never really understood when I was younger why my mother consistently baked/cooked for other people at random times but over the past few months I have really began to grasp the concept of serving. I found myself last night staying up way too late, feeling like my mother years ago making treats for a benefit luncheon this morning. I know we all (or maybe just me) feel insignificant at times because we want to feel more important and as though we played a part but I am slowly learning the "worker bee" is just as important as any other role it takes to successfully accomplish anything. And you know what, I'm okay with being that worker bee.

#2. To the guy at work last night who thought I was Leslie.......it is RUDE and IMPOLITE to tell a woman "I thought you were Leslie but I was about to ask how much weight you have gained." Really?! I'm so glad YOUR mother taught you manners. Oh yeah, I noticed you didn't have a wedding ring on, maybe there is a reason for that!

#3. I believe I have a head cold/sinus infection. My plan today has been to get the few things I needed done checked off my to-do list and spend the rest of the day on my couch, heavily medicated. Although, this means I will forgo my daily workout......which does bum me out.

#4. I want to go shopping.

#5. Please say a little prayer for a friend of mine. Her daughter is 16 and is on life support. I haven't gotten an update on her condition but she (Amber) had a kidney transplant awhile back and isn't doing well at all. Last I heard, if they couldn't stop the bleeding in her brain it wouldn't be long before they pronounced her brain dead. I couldn't even imagine. Thank you in advance.

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday. If you need me, I'll be passed out on my couch with Friends re-runs on all day. :)

No comments: