Monday, April 2, 2012

Canton trip, thoughts on motherhood, and dog drama


Ok. So I know I promised a regular "non-pregnancy" post, but let's be honest, when you're pregnant there really isn't anything else to talk about. I've said this about a zillion times but between work, school, and being pregnant, I don't do much. We had a great weekend though!

Mom and I went to Canton (which I still can't believe some people haven't ever been to!) on Friday. The weather was good, we walked a lot, and found some awesome stuff!

I got this window frame for her nursery above (already painted pink, score!).

lace leggings, lace leg warmers, and lace onesie.......(I have plans for the lace onesie :)
Mom got Dave his first official camo baby outfit. Isn't it adorable?!
I scored some 3 and 6 month jeans from Target for $2.50 each.
And, we went bow happy. Her bow collection is off to a great start.
I have already started stocking up on diapers and wipes. I know some people think it's stupid, but whatever. I don't really care. I'm keeping all receipts (they're from Wal-Mart, you can return anything) but I'm a planner. It makes me feel better to start stocking up rather than not.

Let me be honest for a few. I wasn't exactly excited about having a girl. I have my own fears about motherhood and the thought of having a girl really scared me and worried me. I worry that I'm not going to be the mom she needs..........I worry about raising a daughter who is kind hearted, polite, yet independent and confident. I want to raise a women who understands that confidence doesn't come from material possessions or men. Confidence comes from self-worth. I want her to know her value. I want her to understand that men who do not respect her do not deserve her time. That respect is earned from men and women, and you do not have to have an ugly heart to earn respect. I want her to be kind to people. I DO NOT want my daughter to be a mean girl. I always want her to be able to talk to me about anything and everything without feeling judged or scared. I want to be her mother, not her best friend, but for her to know I will always listen, always try to help, and always love her. I want her to want to spend time with me. I want her to see that respecting and loving her dad is so very important to me. I want her to know that her dad and I love each other, put each other first, and show affection in front of her so she knows what true love is. I want her to love her dad. I want her to put him on a pedistool so no other guy in her life will be good enough. I want her to love God and appreciate all the blessings in our lives. I want her to know Jesus and the love he has for her......that he died on the cross for her and the sins of the world. I want her to know that she is one of a kind, that God made her just the way she is. Special. Unique. And irreplaceable.

I don't know why I thought having a boy would be any easier. I know it's not.........I was really excited about the thought of having a boy to bring into the family. But.........the longer I have been pregnant......the more and more thankful and excited I am about having a daughter. And, buying girl stuff is just too. much. fun.

*************************************************

Last but not least, we are having a field day with C'Mere.
We have put up an electric fence, replaced so many fence panels he has chewed, cemented under the gates, you name it, we've done it! And, he just keeps escaping and ruining our backyard! We have literally gotten to the point we are thinking about giving him away. I just can't deal with it anymore. He got out three times on Friday and lucky for us, we have nice neighbors who keep bringing him back. If ANYONE has ANY ideas that may help, we are taking all suggestions!

Or, if anyone wants a yellow lab, let me know. Just kidding. That is a last resort.......that we may be getting more and more close to if we don't figure something out. He is going to become a permanent outside dog once the baby comes, so we need to find something that will work.

4 comments:

Heather said...

For some reason, I really love this post.

1. AWESOME finds at Canton! And those jeans?!? Adorable (and a great price!). Nice bow collection! Bows are so fun.

2. I completely relate to your thoughts on motherhood, especially being a mom to a girl. I have so many of those same fears/desires for Avery, and it can be very overwhelming! I'm so thankful for God's grace because I blow it at least once a day with her. It's funny because before Avery was born, I wanted a boy first too. Then when I got pregnant with Landon I wanted another girl. But God knew exactly what we needed, and I can't imagine it any other way.

3. If you find a good home for C'mere, ask if they want Nutmeg, too. I'm only half kidding.

Rachel Moss said...

I love those little petti-onesie things! Don't think the would look so great on the little guy I'm growing, though.
I think stocking up on diapers is a great idea...especially since you are keeping receipts. We had so many diapers and wipes given to use when K was born and it was a huge blessing! We did, however, end up returning one of the diaper brands to Walmart because she broke out when we used them.
I think parenthood is scary no matter what angle you're coming at it from. Thankfully, we get to grow in our parenting as our kids grown in their "phases". I would recommend reading the book "Grace Based Parenting" at some point. This book has been a big spiritual & philosophical help to me.

Rachel Moss said...

Also, I thought I'd add that we had major issues with our dog, Lex, right before and after K was born. It seemed that he was very angry with me...he even jumped in my packed-and-ready-to-go hospital bag and marked everything. Unfortunately, I don't have any words of wisdom on that front. He and I have learned to live (fairly) peacefully with each other...but if it were up to me he would have been gone a long time ago. Katelyn and Jer both love him, though, so I do my best to hold my tongue.

The Ziebarth Family said...

Hey girl- having 2 daughters that I truly thought I would never have (Justin and I had the first Ziebarth girl in 4 generations!) is such an amazingly scary but beautiful thing. I pray ALL the time for them...I want them to be Princesses of the Lord and their Daddy...I want them to run to Jesus to rescue them and not some boy. I want them to have sweet, genuine hearts that reaches out to other girls instead of pushing them away. I want them to drown in God's grace and depend on Him. I want so many things for them that truly with prayer and us calling out to God, I believe will happen. Romans 8:28
I will also say that raising a boy has just the same challenges: praying for Mikah to be a Godly man, who pursues righteousness and purity. Who looks at girls in the way that the Lord looks at them. A man who respects all and knows that he doesn't have to pretend he's tough to impress others. Ok this post is long...

To sum it up- the absolute best thing we can do is pray for our kids constantly!!!
Love you girl- I am so super excited for you and for this blessed girl!