Thursday, October 22, 2009

5 Things

Why not just jump on the band wagon! I am coming across many of the "5 Things" on people's blogs so I will do-"5 Things I Miss"

#1: First thing, I miss Dave. He is in Georgia, his Pawpaw passed so they are taking care of his things with Sherry and Gordon. I really do not like coming home to an empty house. It's boring and quiet. Although my dogs are ALWAYS happy to see me!

#2: My good old Roadhouse days. I'm not going to lie, I mourned Roadhouse for like 2 years I think after I quit, I still have days where I think how fun it was to work there and all the friends and regulars I made there. I enjoyed working for my old bosses and just the atmosphere of it all. I really do miss it sometimes, although I do not miss working every holiday and being physically tired everyday after my shifts. You trade one for the other I guess because now I'm off all holidays and only mentally drained some days.

#3: A few years ago I was in the BEST shape of my life. I literally worked out at least six times a week. It felt so great. Sounds horrible I know and like all excuses but between commuting to work and back and working about six days a week, I simply can not find my motivation to start working out again. It makes me sad because I feel like I have to trade time for either working out or actually seeing my husband and relaxing after work.

#4: New episodes of FRIENDS. I know Jenna said this in her post about how she loves Friends, and I do too! But every Thursday was so much fun. I remember in college, all our friends starting grasping the fact we would not answer the phone, door, go out, study, anything between 7-7:30 because we were glued to Friends. I love Friends but I would gladly watch NEW episodes!

#5: The care free days of high school and college. I would never want to go back to high school but I miss the days of feeling like my responsibilities were limited and I still had a ton of time to accomplish things. The older we get it just seems like we are limited to things due to obligations, kids, husbands, bills, etc. I know it's a part of getting older but it doesn't have to be like that. We make it like that.

I have such a busy weekend coming up and I'm pooped! I'm off to bed, yes it's 9:30. So what! Oh that can be my sixth thing I miss, SLEEP! Dang this whole work thing, gets in the way of everything!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Gotta LOVE Friends! Still my ALL time fav!