Friday, October 30, 2009

One Year Anniversary

It all started with two people, one lady and one man who met and fell in love. Both weren't looking for anything when they started dating, just a date. That date turned into two, then three and before each of them knew it they felt a love they had never experienced before. Two years into it, that special man asked another a very special man if he could spend the rest of his life with that lady. So it all started with an date............

The quality of this picture isn't great but this was the weekend we got engaged. Dave proposed on that very pier while we were doing exactly what we love together. We went fishing the day after and got this fish. Ah, so special isn't it ;)

After a six month engagement and lots of planning that brings us to the night before our wedding. Our rehearsal was on Halloween so we, me, decided everyone should dress up! It was very cute and I don't know anyone who did that before so it made it unique as well!
My Aunt Angie, Mom, Leslie, my Dad, and my father in law. We had our rehearsal at the Oasis Restaurant on Joe Pool Lake, fitting for two fishermen right?
The Petty Women, in front Melanie, Jennifer, me, Brenna, Sherry, Kristen and Braiden. So not all women but you get it.
The Pecor Family. Leslie, Jenna, me, Dad, Angie, and my mom. Mimi and Pappaw were there in spirit :)

My friend Elizabeth. Her and Kyle are so cute! They got married the following May!
Jennifer, me, Leslie, Amber, Jenna, Emily and Elizabeth. All were my bridesmaids except Lizzy. She was in charge of making sure everyone walked down the aisle when they were suppose too!
My Dad dressed up as a Blues Brothers, so creative that guy. Lizzy practiced being the bride

Brenna, Braiden, Ethan, and Bailey. All the Petty grandchildren, they did great!








Mr. and Mrs. David Samuel Petty!! Our ceremony was so special and I'm SO glad I decided to get someone to video it. Our kids will be able to see our wedding one day. I watch it sometimes to see us and remind me of the vows we took. It goes by so fast you almost forget what you said :)
I am so incredibly lucky to have been blessed with Dave in my life. God knew what he doing. I get to wake up everyday to someone who loves me unconditionally and knows just how lucky he is that he gets to do the same!! Everyone says the first year of marriage is the hardest, I don't know about the hardest but it definitely tried our patience and temper at times. Marriage is about growing together, learning together, and appreciating each other. Dave and I work at all three, it can be tough. I love that we are best friends, there is no one I would rather spend my time with. Dave makes me laugh, he makes me feel special, he supports me, and believes in me. Neither one of us are perfect but we know that there is no one else we want to spend the rest of our lives with.
Dave, thank you for being a man of integrity and for loving me even when it's hard. Thank you for always wanting to work things out, for making life fun, and for teaching me how to take advantage of all the times we get to spend together. Thank you for being a Godly man, for always seeing the positive in people, and for leading our family in the right direction.

We don't always know what God has in store for us, but with you I know and trust that we will always land on top. Even if the "top" isn't where we thought it would be. Thank you for the best year of my life and here's to many more!!!! I love you with all my heart!!
Brooke
p.s. I posted this early because I will be taking a break from the Internet world for just a bit to enjoy my anniversary and some well deserved time off!

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Happy Anniversary hun!!

This is soooooooo very sweet!

Rachel Moss said...

Happy anniversary! I love that you had people dress up for your rehearsal!

Kristi said...

Happy Anniversary!! Hope y'all have a great day!! and many many more years!! :)

Libby said...

LOVE that y'all dressed up at your rehearsal, that's great! Beautiful wedding pics!!