Friday, October 16, 2009

Prayer Request

Dave's Pawpaw passed last night. Sherry and Gordon were there with him in the nursing home and Dave drove up after he found out. I am just asking for some prayers for the Petty Family. As Pawpaw's death was expected, it never makes it any easier. The comfort that I feel is that he in heaven experiencing all the wonderfulness of being with the Lord and finally out of pain. I also envision him introducing himself to my Mimi and Pappaw and telling them both about what has been going on with me for the past few years. Silly I know, but I miss them both and so wished they could have met Dave.

They will be having a service in Georgia next week so I'm not sure I'll be able to attend but I know it will be a great visitation for the family.

Please say a little prayer for the family for some comfort and the ability to handle the loss.

I found great comfort in the Heaven is Real book. It talks about loosing loved ones and how the ones left behind deal with saddness and depression. I was not close to Dave's Pawpaw but I was close to mine and I think of him often. It reminds me that not long ago I was dealing with the loss of my Pappaw. I miss him. I miss having the wonderful love of a grandparent in my life and the feeling of him being proud of me. But I know he is heaven and I will see him again one day.

No comments: