Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursdays are the BEST!


First and foremost I have to say, Jim and Pam's wedding was WAY to adorable on the Office. I do not understand people who don't watch this show. I get that Gray's Anatomy comes on at the same time but seriously! I guess it only really makes sense for people who work in an office environment. It was way to sweet, he said some great things and of course the wedding was just to funny. This shows reminds me of FRIENDS when it came on, it's like you wait and wait for all the "good" stuff to happen and still don't miss out on the incredibly funny humor. Classic.
You know, it just reminded me how fun it is to get married. While the planning isn't all that fun (let's face it, it's a ton of work!) but the actual ceremony and reception is. This time last year I was in the final stages of getting everything together for our wedding and literally counting down the days until my last name would change and I would get to walk down the aisle.
The first year of marriage, man it goes by FAST! (Our one year anniversary is November 1st) Dave and I have endured many trials during our first year. One of the biggest is communication. I think it's just an ongoing issue in any marriage although the older you get the less you care about discussing every detail of everything. We are continuing to work on our communication and realize how to not take everything so personal, to try and understand feelings without criticizing them or being defensive about what each other are saying. It's hard and we definitely do not have it down after a year!!
I absolutely LOVE being married. We have a ton of fun with just each other, hanging out and stuff. I couldn't imagine being married to anyone in the world!!

1 comment:

Rachel Moss said...

Being married is great! I hear ya' about communication being an ongoing issue. Jer and I are taking a couple at church through premarital counseling, and we have been reminded about some good communication stragies that somehow escaped our brains over the last 6 years!