Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday's List

So I'm jumping on the band wagon and joining the Tuesday's List crew! This week's topic is favorite stores to shop! I don't get to shop much but when I do here are the places I like to shop at:

Clothes:
-I LOVE Old Navy/the Gap. I know it's one of those "typical" places where everyone tends to shop which means most people have the same clothes but I can't help it. They have cute clothes and aren't super expensive therefore I shop there.
-I also LOVE New York and Company. It's an awesome store especially when they are having a sale. Another typical place to shop but whatever
-I do like American Eagle too, they have comfortable clothes there. Not really somewhere I shop at to buy work clothes.
-Express is a very trendy cool place to shop but geez. I grew out of paying that kind of money for clothes when I actually started being responsible about what I spent my money on.

Home Decor:
-Golightly's is my new favorite store!! I LOVE IT! It has all original things either made by people or antiques. And it's very reasonable in price. It's a tea room as well so you get to shop and enjoy a nice tea room lunch!
-I do love me some Hobby Lobby
-Home Goods is a good one too, although they are a little more pricey
-Kohls, they ALWAYS have stuff on sale
-any garage sale. I know, I know. But guess what! You find some great things, especially if you go to garage sales in places like McKinney or Plano because all the stuff up there is expensive to the original owners and cheap to me!

I have no babies so I don't shop for baby clothes although I do know that Kid to Kid is a great place to shop! I have been there on a few occasions and if I'm learning anything from all my friends with kids it's that those kids grow out of clothes SO fast saving money any way you can is spectacular!

Canton of course is such a great place to shop for home decor. The good thing about Canton is that you are negotiate price and there are so many vendors of the same type of product you can get some great deals!

Anyone else have any other awesome places to shop in the DFW area?? I would love to get some new ideas!

4 comments:

Love from Texas said...

great list! i saw in your profile that you are seriously right down the road from me... i'm in mansfield :)
but yes i do my own blog designs using photoshop. glad you like it!

Rachel Moss said...

I have never heard of Golightly's, but it looks great. We will have to check that out soon.
I like to shop at the Brownstone Village in Arlington. www.brownstonevillage.com

Havard Family said...

I agree with you on Express, I quit shopping there when I had to start spending my own money! LOL I'm all about Kohls and Target now! :)

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, I totally left Kid to Kid off my list! I love that store!!