Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up, a few days late

So yes I'm a few days late on the weekend wrap up but that's OK. We have had a busy few days! I had to work Saturday at the KLTY Business Expo, which turned out to be a good event but slower than expected. Although I was WAY excited about meeting Frank Reed from the morning show. One of the workers probably thinks I'm crazy because I heard he would be there and kept asking which one he was.......I just think it's cool to actually see someone and see how different they look in reality compared to what we think in our heads. He was very friendly and his family was very nice too! He spoke about how to run a Godly business and be successful.

After my event and Dave's very exciting day of his Concealed Hand Gun class (yes, he is now certified to carry, oh my!) we went to celebrate our first anniversary! Our original plan was to go the Catfish Plantation, but we got there and the wait was very long (it being Halloween and all) so we went to a place that looked very similar to Texas Roadhouse..............I won't go any further, I feel like I was cheating on my old stopping grounds.
Yeah just realized the label is showing, so yes we went to Logan's Roadhouse. It was very yummy, minus the queso they gave us that was cold.

The top layer of our wedding cake. A girl from work asked me if married people actually eat their top layer. I thought it was funny because I wondered the same thing before I was married. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. But we did have some just to say we did :)
Then Monday night, our friend Lisa came in town for business so Leslie and I met up with her to eat some dinner. Tex Mex of course! She lives in New Mexico and always says tex mex is just not the same there. It was a fun night of catching up and lots of laughs, always is with Lisa!!!

Which by the way, I love love love the gray sweater I got at Target. It was only $20, which actually seems like a lot to me because I'm to the point where I only buy clothes if they are on sale. Old Navy was having a huge sale over the weekend, I got two shirts for $11. Very nice!!
I am SO excited about this weekend. It's the first weekend I have had off since the beginning of September. We have some big plans of which laying around and relaxing are a huge part of the agenda. YAY! Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

you look super cute in your pics with Lisa and Leslie!