Sunday, November 8, 2009

Scrapbooking and Kids

Oh weekends, why must you go by so quickly? It is already Sunday and I'm sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee and honestly listening to a Celine Dion concert on TV (which is quite nice actually) and getting ready for the day. I don't plan on doing a ton, I have lots of cleaning to do and maybe some grocery shopping. This weekend has been very nice, I didn't have to work which is lovely. Friday I got off work and went for a pedicure with Sherry and came back and fell asleep quite early! But Saturday consisted of cleaning out "Dave's Room" (which will be his man cave to keep all his hunting stuff and fishing gear in) and got things ready for the garage sale we will be having next Saturday. Thank goodness, I'm so ready to get rid of some of this stuff we have been keeping entirely way to long. We had a nice family dinner Saturday and then I went over to my friend Traci's house to do some scrap booking!! She is so creative and has so much cute stuff, it reminded me I need to stock up on some more of my scrapbook material! Look at this super cute wedding album she made:









So cute!!! I'm going to get her to make me one! How creative is that! If anyone is interested in ordering one, let me know and I'll send you her contact information. She has done several other ones that are just adorable!
This has been a very good but kind of weird weekend. I have been pondering several things about my life, job wise and yes kiddy wise. I am ready for Dave and I to start a family, and he is ready too. You know, we have been talking about it for a while. Mainly because he is 30 and I'll be 28 and we want two kids. I try really hard not to plan that stuff because we all know the Lord has different plans than our own. But what scares me about it is I want to have a job that when I do get pregnant and can see myself at for years to come. I'm in the process of starting a teacher certification program.
I fought the idea of teaching for forever. Both my parents were in the education field so I kind of have biased opinion of growing up in a teaching family and always told myself I would not be a teacher. But I took some education courses throughout my college career and have really been thinking about it long and hard for quite sometime. There are many pluses and minuses about any career but currently I miss the feeling of having an impact on the lives of others. I don't get that feeling with my position currently and I think teaching would be a great fit for me. I am looking to do high school, no elementary school for me! :)
I just pray and keep positive about where my life is going and know that God will lead me in the right direction. It's scary to think about a career change, but I want to do it BEFORE I have children. Once you have kids I think it's harder to take the leap and change something in your life because you have another person to be responsible for and myself along with Dave are in a position right now we can really figure out what we want to do so we can plan for kids :)
Geez, I NEVER thought those words would come out of my mouth. Scary, guess I really am an adult now!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Good Luck with the teaching program!! Have you thought about a emergency certification type program? Ill keep y'all in my prayers!!

Kristine said...

SEND me her info! LOVE that book!! :)