Monday, November 16, 2009

In the spirit of Thanksgiving

Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week! Oh my! This post is dedicated to all the things I am thankful for, there are many.......

First and foremost I am thankful for my salvation. I kind of feel faith is a personal experience, like many others state on their blogs I believe in my Lord Jesus Christ. I believe he died on the cross for me, I believe in his grace and forgiveness, and his unconditional love. Dave always asks me why I am so "addicted" to reading people's blogs. To be honest, I get to witness the Lord's faithfulness to others and see first hand how loving others, praying for others, and learning from others help me grow in my salvation. I know the Lord answers prayers, and I know he walks with me daily even if I don't always walk with him.

Secondly, I am thankful for my wonderful family. Everyone always says this, I guess sometimes you just truly forget how lucky we are to have each other at times. I am thankful for parents who love me unconditionally and want the best for me. I am thankful for the most incredibly supportive husband who encourages me to follow my heart and never, ever questions my goals. I am thankful for two wonderful sisters who I couldn't live without, or would hate too. I am thankful for friends in my life that are never ending. Friendship is hard work like any relationship and there are many people in my life who work extremely hard to keep our relationship growing and for that I am grateful. I am thankful for my aunt, who always has a funny story to share and who listens to me when I need an ear and keeps my grandparents memory alive by always speaking of them. I am thankful for in laws who strive to be a part of our lives and who always see the positive in situations, even when I or Dave can't find any.

Third, I am thankful for my work ethic. Funny to be thankful for huh? Well, I can tell you if there is one thing I know I do well is work. I may not be great at everything in life, but I can get my bottom out of bed every single day and at least attempt to be good. I have always been thankful for having a strong work ethic.

Fourth, I am thankful for my house and health. My Dad always told me this "If you can't pay for anything else, pay your rent. You can't work if you don't have a place to stay." I always thought it was so funny but it's true. I am thankful the Lord has blessed me with this healthy body that enables me to pay for my house. I am not a very materialistic person, I like nice things but am finding more and more that my happiness comes from serving others and being a good steward in my walk with the Lord. Again, I'm not always super great at this but I am trying.

Maybe later I'll find more things to be thankful for but right now I think these just about take care of it.

No comments: