Friday, December 11, 2009

Ah, it's just like old times

So as many of you know I have "talked" a lot about wanting to teach so I guess I should finally share that I am making that an actual reality (in a sense). I put my notice in at the University of Phoenix, December 18th is my last official day and have a date to take my content test along with hopefully being able to start subbing at a couple different districts. I have attended a sub orientation already and have another date set up for all the paperwork!!! I won't be able to start subbing until January so that actually works out great for me because........

............since they actually want you to pay for your house and utilities the other thing I will be doing to help bring in the dough for the household is working at Roadhouse! Yes, that's right. I'm back! But the major difference this time is that I will be working for Leslie. I usually only get to see her at Roadhouse so now at least I'll be getting paid for it :)

It feels kind of the same but not really. Different people, different regulars, and I'm older and have a vision. Before I didn't know what my plan was but this time I'm working toward my goal of gaining teaching experience and observation hours.

I'll be working Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thursdays so if you're in the area come see me!!

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Congrats to you!

Heather said...

I'm SO proud of you! BTW, my brother wants to know which certification program you're using. I couldn't remember.

We'll definitely be going to see you at Roadhouse! I love me some rolls!!

Rachel Moss said...

Yay for you! Subbing is a great way to figure out which district/school/grade is the best fit for you. I think that is a really smart move!

Dina said...

Good luck with your new plan! That is very brave and you'll be so glad you are following your dreams!