Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Special Saturday Night

Tonight I got to spend some time with my "work" friends. I hate to call them that but I did meet them at work AND spend the majority of my time with them at work. All three of these ladies are so special to me in their own different way. I am kind of the young-in if you will, as these ladies have been with the company for many years and have all been friends for quite some time. We all got together for dinner to celebrate Aimee's birthday. Aimee is VERY special to me as she was the one from my first day at UOP was always trying to get to know me and so, so kind. We celebrated her "25th" birthday (wink, wink) at a really nice restaurant at the Crescent Hotel. Not really where I tend to go to eat but it was VERY nice.

Me, Vivian, Aimee, and Suzanne. Vivian is from Brazil and has the strongest accent! I love listening to her talk to people and sometimes you can hear her speak Portuguese when she is talking to her family over the phone.
Me and the birthday girl! Aimee was recently promoted to National Training Manager for the Corporate Education Department and is an AWESOME trainer. She will do great things and has always had a very tactful and sincere way of helping you be better at your job.
So Aimee decided that on HER birthday she would get US gifts. Who ever heard of that!?! She got us all scarfs from New York & Company. I LOVE mine!! Really it was just a thank you to all three of us for our friendships. Aimee is BIG time now so seeing her will be far and in between.

You know I have read many times in my daily devotionals about friendships and how special each and every friendship is at different points of our lives. I think this to be true, mainly because life is busy and change is constantly happening all around us so friends come and go. But today I am thankful for these ladies, each one took me under their wing and help shaped me to be successful at UOP (even before I got promoted).
Suzanne, you are sincere, kind, and such a woman of the Lord. Thank you for your positivity and kind words.
Vivian, you make me laugh like no other with all your stories and conversations you happen to have at work. You give such great advice and I admire your honesty. "Word"
Aimee, thank you for all the times you listened to me and for the guidance. You are very much are a unique woman with such great qualities. You can relate to people in every situation and your ability to listen compares to no one else.
Thank you ladies for a wonderful evening and HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIMEE!!!!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Your so welcome! I was thinking about you tonight on my way home from womens group. That I needed to check out your blog and drop you a comment! :) See you Saturday.